BBQ Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
These babies are AMAZING! I’ve always loved jalapeno poppers, but decided once to brush them with a little BBQ sauce, and boy was that a great decision. I’m not a huge fan of spicy, just a little, so the sweet BBQ sauce perfectly tempers the heat of the peppers.
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (I used half cheddar, and half monterey jack)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cream cheese, grated cheese, and green onions. Set aside.
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out the ribs and seeds. (If you like them spicy, leave some ribs and seeds.)
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each filled jalapeno half with a piece of bacon. Secure the bacon to the jalapeno with a toothpick. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.